Eau De Parfum: Edition 02 - Shiso
A perfume of cool air, pale sun, new life unfurling on the forest floor.
We’re lighting the fire of a perfume revolution. We’ve crafted a sophisticated and sexy fragrance that’s non-toxic—made with natural essences to entrance, sooth, and transform.
Mystical & spiritual
“We worked with shiso as a primary scent, which is rare in the perfume world—it is closely hinged to the other notes, so it begins simply and then slowly opens up into spicy greens, crushed stems, and ancient exotic woods.”— gp
shiso leafMystical/Emotional: Brings joy, regulates chi, eases stress, and ameliorates negativity. Physical: Improves memory, treats colds, removes heavy metals, rejuvenates skin, and delays aging.
oakmossMystical/Emotional: Great for the second chakra, and encourages creative expression. Physical: Works as an aphrodisiac and an antibiotic.
palo santoMystical/Emotional: Clears negative energy, grudges, and emotional doldrums while opening the third chakra and crown. Physical: Boosts immune health and fights inflammation.
LimeMystical/Emotional: This restorative extract encourages love and protection, and is amazing for lifting your mood. Physical: This is an antiseptic, antiviral, and disinfectant, making it great for respiratory imbalances.
VETIVERMystical/Emotional: Associated with the planet Venus, this is used for love, to break spells, and to bring luck and calm. Physical: This relieves vomiting, fever, and fatigue. In Ayurveda, it treats the vata and pitta doshas.
CEDARWOODMystical/Emotional: Purifying and sanctifying, this clears the aura as well as thoughts. Physical: This cleanses the blood and increases memory.
CuminMystical/Emotional: Used in love spells, this stimulates the senses, strengthens the chi, and wards off evil spirits. Physical: This works as an aphrodisiac, though in Ayurveda, it’s also used to aid digestion thanks to its cooling and decongestant properties.
BIRCH OILMystical/Emotional: This brings mental clarity, and helps remove “stuck” patterns. Physical: This relieves muscle pain, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, and is also often used as a tonic for skin issues.
LemonMystical/Emotional: Associated with the energy of the moon, this brings purifying, cleansing, and love-enhancing qualities to cleanse spaces both spiritually and physically. Physical: Wonderful for the immune system, this antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-aging, vitamin-C-packed oil treats skin damage, immune problems, and neutralizes toxins in the blood.
GUM ROCK ROSEMystical/Emotional: This brings bravery, courage, and clarity to help with challenges of any sort. Physical: This is used medicinally as an antibiotic for colds and coughs
CLOVE LEAFMystical/Emotional: This drives away negative forces and purifies energy, evokes memories, and regulates chi. Physical: This is used for pain relieving and infection fighting.
POGOSTEMON CABLIN (PATCHOULI) LEAF EXTRACTMystical/Emotional: This creates clairvoyance, refines the senses, and awakens the spiritual side—it also dissolves negative vibes. Physical: This is an aphrodisiac that works to balance hormones while dissolving anxiety and depression.
CLARYSAGEMystical/Emotional: This boosts self-esteem, joy, confidence, and brings internal emotional peace Physical: This is an antidepressant, and, counterintuitively, a sedative.
ROCKROSEMystical/Emotional: Associated with the sun and the third eye, this spiritual oil is used for meditation, and to quiet the mind; paradoxically, it also stimulates creativity, positivity, and the higher chakras. Physical: This stimulates all the senses.
AGAR WOOD/ALOE WOODMystical/Emotional: This third-eye-opening extract treats negative energy and patterns. It brings peace and enlightenment during meditation and promotes love. Physical: This helps digestion, purifies blood, works as an aphrodisiac, strengthens the brain, and stimulates the nervous system.
How we define “natural” fragrance
We say that goop fragrance is “composed entirely of natural ingredients” and “made with natural essences.” What do we mean, exactly, by that?
First off, there is no official definition of the term “natural” by the FDA, which governs cosmetics. (source)
When we say that our goop fragrance is composed of natural ingredients, we mean that all of the ingredients were extracted from a plant by steam or heat extraction, cold pressing, or carbon dioxide extraction.
Below is a complete list of the ingredients in our perfume and an explanation for how each ingredient was extracted from the plant.
- Non-GMO Sugar Cane Alcohol
- Citrus Aurantifolia Fruit Extract - extract of lime obtained by molecular distillation.
- Triethyl Citrate – Citric acid extracted by molecular distillation from citrus peels and egg whites.
- Juniperus Mexicana Oil - extracted by steam from the Mexican juniper.
- Vetiveria zizanoides root extract - essential oil extracted by steam from vetiver roots.
- Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Extract - molecular distillation of patchouli leaves.
- Citrus Limon Peel Extract - cold pressed, essential oil of lemon peel.
- Cistus ladaniferus resin extract - labdanum absolute obtained through ethanol extraction
- Zingiber Officinale Root Oil - extracted by steam from ginger root.
- Salvia Sclarea Oil - extracted by steam from clary sage leaves.
- Cistus Ladaniferus Oil - labdanum absolute obtained through ethanol extraction
- Bulnesia Sarmientoi Wood Oil - palo santo concrete obtained through solvent extraction.
- Perilla Frutescens Leaf Extract - essential oil extracted by steam from shiso leaves.
- Eugenia Caryophyllus Leaf Oil - extracted by steam from clove leaves.
- Cuminum Cyminum Seed Extract - CO2 extraction of cumin seeds.
- Aquilaria Agallocha Wood Oil - extracted by steam from agarwood.
- Evernia Prunastri Extract - oak moss absolute obtained through ethanol extraction.
- Betula Alba Oil - extracted by steam from the birch tree.